• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Streams in NW Wisconsin

Does anyone know of any good trout streams in Northwest Wisconsin. I'll be there in a week and I'm looking to do some fly fishing. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

With out divulging too much info,(I was asked to keep locations quiet),

Resident fish can be had all most at will.

I fished it for the first time this past weekend. I wanted to fish up stream more for resident brookies and browns, but got sucked into the larger lake run fish.

There are stages for different lake run fish, browns, steelheads, kings , cohos etc. Not necessarily in that order!

Jim W

Thanks again. I'll have to check that out. Any info on hatches? I did well a couple of weeks ago fishing terrestrials on some smaller streams a little further south. I'm thinking this will still be a good pattern, but I'm not sure about the brule.

Thanks again for the info, it will be very helpful. I've been looking for some new places to try in that area. I've mainly been fishing some smaller creeks around washburn and burnett coutny.

Jim, so thats where you, Renneberg, and Sarge had run off to!! Outstanding trip it sounded like to me. CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG, oops, I better whisper,... cat's out of the bag, ssshh. grin.gif

http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 08-27-2003).]

Ya guys, Jim cryed the entire way down to the river. He kept saying why are we waisting our time fishing for these big browns? Why cann't we go fishing for some smaller resident brookies and browns? There more fun to catch!

The next morning he got me and Sarge up early because he wanted for fish for those smaller trout. He wasn't to happy mad.gif when we went fish for those big browns again.

Can it be Luck?, I figured that with over 65+ miles of river to fish and after reading reports from other web sites about how bad the fishing was that weekend for other anglers. It would be ok to give the name of the river up. The location will have to stay in the bag.

We most of seen about 16 trout over 20 inches in one day. Hard to believe, but I read one report saying that they fished 20+ miles of the river and only seen 2 big browns. They were fishing the same weekend we did, but had much different results.

Good luck finding them! grin.gif

I cann't wait to go back in three weeks and catch some Kings out of that river. I hope this year I land more then just one 20 lb'er.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Renneberg, Isn't it funny how for some people the fish are never biting? I spent the last 2 days walleye fishing on Little Bay Denoc in Escanaba MI. All reports from web sites, bait shops, and local anglers were that the fishing SUCKED. Saturday was windy, 2-5 ft waves kept all but 1 other boat from going out. I drift fished a point that topped out at 19', 24-27' flat, surrounded by 40-60' of water. I started at the 40' edge and drifted 3 oz bottom bouncers and crawler harness's over the point, drift sock off the side to slow the boat and keep it sideways to the wind. 150 walleye and around 200 JUMBO(12-14") perch were put in the boat. Tight lipped fish? Not for me! Today it was calm and the fish were not scattered. Rock piles on a 23' flat were holding fish upwards to the hundreds! while the rest of the flat was empty. Back trolling/position fishing with a 2 oz egg sinker, barrel swivel, and harness was hot today. As soon as the bait hit bottom, FISH ON!, and I mean everytime. Well, I guess they weren't biting again this weekend. wink.gif About the Brule? yes, lots of water! Beautiful area too. With 65 miles of river to search, I better wait untill I can get at least a week off of work before I go searching for those trout! smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Ok ok maybe Jim didn't cry about fishing for those big browns. The second day I would of liked to of put them on some big brook trout, but Jim got us thinking we could catch just a few more big browns or at the very lease see a few more. Which we did.
I do recall you Jim in front of us and sometimes several holes ahead of me and Sarge much of the time.

Jim, I usally hold back when I take people fishing with me for the first time. If I take someone trout fishing and they have a blast catching lots of trout, then it's more likly they will want to try it again. If I take them out and I catch most of the trout, then their most likly never going to go trout fishing again. At lease with me.
It didn't matter to me if you caught the first or Sarge the biggest trout. My goal on that trip was to put you and Sarge on some very big trout, and with all the other reports I've read about how bad the fishing was that weekend, I'd say I put the two of you on the best trout fishing on the entire river.

It should be noted that when I said that 65+ miles of river can be fished. I meant to say that 65+ miles of the river can be fished from a canoe. There's still 20 or more miles of river upstream of Stone Bridge with trout in it. My understanding is that those Lake Run Browns make their way up there.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"