• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alburn boosters on getting ISU coach Gene Chizik.....

i don't claim to be an auburn fan, but i'd bet chizik was a 'genius' when he was a d-coordinator there. as far as turner gill goes, you can't really compare records between the MAC and the big 12. i am a ISU guy, but lets face it we are not exactly a football powerhouse.

Well, I would agree that the BIG 12 was the toughest confrence this year. And that ISU isn't a powerhouse. However if chizik was such a great coach he should have one more then 2 games. I wouldn't say that Chizik had a hard schedule. If you watched the Iowa game it was terrible coaching. Heck, half the time the quaterback didn't even get the play in time from the coaches to get the play off.

SDSU just started Div. 1 football about 2 years ago, so that should have been a give me game. Looking at the schedule he had in the Big 12 it had to be one of the softest schedules a team in the big 12 could have had.

South Dakota State W 44-17

Kent State W 48-28

Iowa L 5-17

UNLV L 31-34

(16)Kansas L 33-35

Baylor L 10-38

Nebraska L 7-35

Texas A&M L 35-49

(9)Oklahoma State L 17-59

Colorado L 24-28

(12)Missouri L 20-52

Kansas State L 30-38

With a coaching record like this, Saban is going to eat chizik alive in Alabama. I think he deserves it to. Any coach that takes a division 1 coaching job gets paid $2 million and jumps ship after they just got the program torn down to the floor and starting to build it doesn't deserve to coach at a divison 1 school. A coach's word and contract should be worth something.