• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Castle Heater Problem

Grandee

Question

4 answers to this question

I had the same issue when I built my house. I found out that I stuck a staple through the wires and they were grounding out. Pull the thermostat wires at the heating unit and run completely separate wires to your t-stat. See if that fixes your issue.

Plus, note that when those units shut down, the fans run for a couple of minutes to cool themselves down. It should cycle completely off after that.

I second the fact that the fans run for a while after the heater kicks out. It might be that before the fans shut down the temp drops and the thermostat kicks the heater in again.

If the above suggestions don't work, try opening the window a little further, (I'm assuming that you are cracking a window for some fresh air, don't run your furnace without doing that) I found that if I open the window on the wall that the thermostat is on about 1/3 of the way the furnace regulates better and shuts off when it get's up to temp.

I also set my thermostat at 65 instead of 70 like I would do in my home. It still heats to 70 or so. When I set it at 70 the furnace runs constantly.