• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Binocular cameras

I know that user of this forum are primarily "serious" photogs , but for a non-serious guy: has anyone used these binocular cameras that I've seen advertised for about $80.00 ? My 12 year old nephew wants to try wildlife photography, and before we spend $$$ , I'de like to see if he sticks with it and I want to know if these are worth anything. I'm thinking, like a heron wading along the shoreline, an eagle up in a tree, etc.

No experience here, either. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too far. You can't even get a real good pair of binos for $80. Personally, I think you'd be disappointed and maybe discourage your nephew from this hobby, due to poor quality pics. This is my opinion.

I have a one I got for Christmas 2 years ago. For the amount your going to pay you could get a decent little digital camera at wal mart. I got my mom a point and shoot last year with a 3x optical zoom and printer for about a $100. I am actually very impressed with the pictures it takes. Some how it ended up back at my house after Christmas and I keep it in my car. He might enjoy being able to "develope" his own pictures as well after taking them with the little printers you can get. I'm sure there are better binoculars out there then my bushnels but this is an image from the "high quality" setting. I have never even shot on the low setting yet. The bird feeder is about 200 feet from my back door. I wasn't impressed at all but I keep them in my car because the binoculars are not bad.

20081211_0810.JPG