• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Machines are prepped for winter. (w/pics)

SomethingFishy*

Some,

Thanks for your time taking picture. That is a whole different animal than I am running. I can't get you pics, I am sorry.

Listen to this.... Sony Cybershot. Went to jobsite, took picks. Threw it in truck (not watching, ended up in the box for trash). Filled up at a Holiday Station, dumped garbage box and left. Hind sight...OH [PoorWordUsage]!

I have not replaced it as of yet....

river-rat4

Works great on the ice, with the snow amounts we have it takes a little time as you can only use about half the blade and must angle it.

I load the ATV in the back of the fish-house. It has a rear drop down door and is just wide enough to fit the blade in it. The house is an 8x20 plus a v-front. With tghe ATV in the house, blade facing the door it rides perfectly level. grin

P1000650.jpg

yep, the truck is a 1/2 ton 07 Chevy with the 5.3 and Z71 package. Also has a brake controller. It pulls it fine and averages about 10 mpg fully loaded. Typically plow a spot out, back the house in and set the house on 4x4's as we have hole sleeves. Then we will use the wheeler to help bank it. Helps get the house away from the crowds a little.

We usually bring the portable with as well so we can scout and explore if we desire.

somethingfishy just wondering did you compare other tracks to the prospectors. Just curious as i am looking at the polaris 850 with power steering. just so many other track companys out there. prospectors look great and seem to work good. my only other choice i like so far is the tatou 4s or the litefoot M3 with the 1 3/4" lug.

I wanted the M3's but price made me choose differently. I have heard that the 1 3/4" track would be a headach around here as it is designed for deeper mountaion snow.

Tatou 4's are supposed to be decent but I have not used them. I have only used the 1st and 2nd gen Prospectors. Gen 3's just came out, i'm assuming updated for the XP models.