• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First shot on Saturday?

This past Sunday my Dad was walking out to his stand and heard a shot. It was about 5:50 at the time and it came from the direction he was walking and sounded very close. He gets into his stand and around 7:00 a guy walks up to the fenceline on the edge of the pasture about 50 yards from his stand, looks both ways and then walks back into the woods from where he came. A half hour later 3 guys walk up to him coming from the direction of his house. They had gone to ask permission to track a wounded deer and my mom told them to ask my dad and then pointed to his stand (it's about 500 yards from the front door and you can see it from the house). They ask if they can track it and he says "sure, but leave your guns" so they agreed. Funny thing is they started tracking right at the spot that the guy came up to the edge of the pasture and the blood trail went within 10 yards of the stand. They kept catching up to the deer and jumping it. When we all went in for lunch my dad finally asks that one of us go out there and "Tell them to get the H*** off of my property, they obviously didn't hit it very good" so my brother goes out and finds the spot where he last saw these guys. Then he hears a bunch of screaming and yelling down in the swamp so we walks toward the noise. Turns out they jumped the deer again, but instead of running it charged one of the guys and knocked him down. The other two jumped on top of it and stabbed it to death with their knives. It was the smallest 10 point buck my brother said he ever saw. It's sad because in 2 or 3 more years that would have been a trophy.

My dad is quite certain that they shot the deer well before shooting light because he would have noticed a buck walking 10 yards from his stand. He thought about calling TIP but figured it wouldn't do any good. It would be his word against theirs.