• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever build an underwater camera?

Polar Bear

There is a tread on page 5 "Best underwater camera for ice fishing" that had some information on this subject. It sounded like some people had done what you are thinking of. I would put the link on here but I don't know how. wink.gif

the DIY topic got brought up not too long ago. it seems there is a problem finding the right camera components. if you have a link or info on quality underwater bullet cams, i think a few of us here would appriciate the info.

thanks - joshb

my dad gets a catalog with all kinds of electric components including a waterproof bullet camera. I was thinking of making one myself just to see if i could do it but the problem is that you need a camera with the infrared lights on it which would be hard to find not to mention spendy. I think the waterproof camera i mentioned above runs about $150 so i don't know how much one would be with the infrared lights.

I bought a security camera for 40 bucks and sliconed all openings, dropped it down the hole, I saw a tail of something could not control it well enough to get a better look. played with it for a few minutes and set it up in the window. ( easier to see what was going on outside rather than getting up, boy, now that I look back, man was I lazy.)

I bought some Aqua view cameras, just the camera, cord and battery holder. The screen part was bad so it did not work. Found some 5" black and white TVs with AM/FM UHF and VHF. They have contrast controls and a RCA input. Made some of these things up. When not using the camera you have a radio and TV to watch the game or check the weather. I might have some left if interested E-mail me
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by 18 inch Crappie (edited 09-30-2004).]

[This message has been edited by 18 inch Crappie (edited 09-30-2004).]