• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Browning Gold

Chev_trucks501

Question

I have a Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge semi-auto.

I usually load it by putting one shell in the chamber through the ejection port and two in the magazine. About 1/2 the time when I load it, a shell that I load in the magazine tries to load in the chamber (speed loading?). I recently cleaned/lubed it, but it hasn't effected it.

Any thoughts?

4 answers to this question

I have a Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge semi-auto.

I usually load it by putting one shell in the chamber through the ejection port and two in the magazine. About 1/2 the time when I load it, a shell that I load in the magazine tries to load in the chamber (speed loading?). I recently cleaned/lubed it, but it hasn't effected it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies.

This is my 1st semi-auto. Maybe I'm loading it incorrectly . . .
So the best way to load the gun is through the magazine? If I understand correctly, once I insert a shell in the magazine, it will load into the chamber and then load the other two shells in the magazine?

My problem has come when inserting the 2nd shell into the magazine - it wants to go into the chamber.

What's an MCO?

ShoreLunch,

It's a Magazine Cut Off System. Alot of Browning Golds have'em on the opposite side of the action. It's a little lever you can switch to on and off. If you look at your gun you'll know if it is there or not. It's pretty obivious (it sticks out of the receiver). Another possibility is that the arm inside the magazine is broken. However wouldn't make much sense if the first shell is going in. Good Luck!

Happy Hunting smile.gif