• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

upland pants for a tall guy?

Any other tall guys out there who have found good pants for beating the brush? I can't seem to find anything with an inseam longer than 34" (I need 36"). Gander, Cabelas, LLBean, etc all come in right at that 34" mark, even for their "long" sizes. I just need an extra inch or two at the ankle.

I've been using double-knee Carhartts since I started hunting upland, and they work ok, but tend to catch thorns more than I'd like. And with the rain this weekend I've been wishing for something more water-resistant.

Any suggestions? Thanks...

How tall are you? I'm 6'4"+ and the LL Bean with 34" inseam works fine. With hunting boots you really don't need pants as long as you might think. Another option (which I prefer) is to wear jeans and then chaps. You can get long chaps too.

I thought about chaps but was hoping for something a little lighter.

I'm a hair over 6'4" and have made 34" inseam pants work in the past. I do a lot of grouse hunting and am always dealing with ticks, so was hoping for a slightly longer leg.

I love Bean because of their guarantee and all around quality but I tried on some Gander 34" pants yesterday and may end up going that way because of convenience and price. We'll see how they hold up...

Thanks guys...

I got a pair of whitewater upland chaps from sportsmans guide this spring and stashed them away with my hunting gear as soon as they came.

Tried them on this morning before heading out and found that they were really long. I had them snapped the highest possible snap and they were still 2in too long (I'm a 30in inseam) ended up tying them has high as they would go so they wouldn't drag under my boots. They are really light weight, I put them over a pair of blue jeans and didn't even notice I had them on and not one sticker or thorn got through.

If you are looking for length and really light weight these are the ones. Plus I think I paid 15-20 for the pair.

I would highly recommend them especially when I get my wife to tailor to my specifications...ha ha ha

Redbeard