• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Fishing in Late Fall

I'm somewhat new to ND and have a trip planned to Devils Lake on the 17-18th. This weekend may not provide much in the way of reports due to the rain expected.

Any suggestions on bait, presentations, depth, structure that have seemed to work well at this time of year on Devils Lake? We have our hands on some leeches to bring, but want to know if minnows are doing better? I've heard pieces of crawlers are working on spinners in deeper rocky areas.

Any help is appreciated. I'll post results and hopefully pics when we return.

Is there much public duck hunting land around DL?

You could pull Rapala's, jig w/minnow, slip bobber. Last year we cast from shore and slip bobbered. We even caught some nice fish jigging off the duck boat in the trees. I would stay shallow by cover. If your hunting water there are lot's of public opportunities around, go to gfnd dot com and check the PLOTS maps. Often alot of hunters out around here it pays to scout.