• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off season maintenance

Ronsay

I started some projects on the house to try to improve circulation, and other improvements.

Installed 2 Hella jet fans off the cieling beam, they only draw .03 amps and move the air pretty good.

Purchased thermo pane windows to replace the single pane ones that are in the house, the ones in it frost up to much. One of my son-in-laws will put them in for me and keep the old ones for a house he will be building.

I had an off smell in the house, probably from fish getting away from us and coming in contact with the carpet. I bought Fabric Refresher for $1.00 a spray container at the Dollar store in Detroit Lakes, went over the carpet twice and it really works, leaves a mild pleasant odor.

Picked up 2 holes on the front of the house above the rock guard, filled it in with clear silicone for now.

Pulled both wheels and springs off and greased the bearings and shafts. Picked up new cables and clamps for the retractable wheels so I will have spares. WD-40 on the outer areas where it's needed, fender well's and the jack area.

Can't hardly wait for some good ice to get out and see how everything works.

Ron

Have a metal sided 8x16 that sprung a leak put tar over the suspected problem hope it werks. It got to be pretty bad I may have to replace some of the paneling on the inside.

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

I got some of the rubberized under coating for cars and sprayed it under my whole house. I have a 16' retractable wheel with a 3/4" treated floor that I bought last winter. I don't have any leaks or problem spots, but better safe than sorry. I might get some more and give the underside a second coating in another week, just to get a good thick coat of protection.

I too figured I'd better do some maintance on my 10 year old King Crow. The paint on the frame was rusting and the winches and tongue stand was hard to work. I checked around and found the best way to clean it up was to sand blast it. I taped off the parts I didn't want hit and when it came back, well it was clean as a whistle. Went to Fleet Farm for two new wheels and tires, two winches and cable, tongue stand and spray paint to match. $171.00. Sand blasting $125.00. Two new propane 40# tanks and regulator, with a fill of gas, $268.00. It now looks and is in Great condition for another 10 years.... Ready for the Good Times on Lake of the Woods again... Kaz