• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone like rage for turkeys

Here in Indiana season for deer and fall turkey opened last wednesday. This past weekend I shot two hens with the rage 2 blade not finding either one. The first was at 45 yards and the other at 18 yards. Both were pass thoughs and what I thought were good shots. Has any one had the same problems with the rage or am I just having bad luck/ bad shot placement.

I have a friend that knows a lot more about archery than I, and he said that the rage wouldnt be that great on a turkey because it would blow right through them because they are considerably softer than a deer. I guess for turkeys you want the broadhead to stay in them, or at least slow way down once it enters.

Hit 'em good and they won't go far no matter what you shoot. Although I haven't shot the Rage, I believe because of the large cutting diameter they should be as good as anything out there. You need to hit a turkey pretty high in the body for a quick, clean kill.

IMO, 45 yards is WAY to far to shoot at something with vitals no bigger than a softball.

Aim higher, good luck.