• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how can I get the moisture out of my headlights on my contour???

Drilling a small hole at the bottom (lowest point) of the lens, into the housing will help standing moisture drain, while it might help in moisture on the inside get out also.

You can also try pricing headlamp from, Certi-fit in St. Paul also.

Good luck!

Well, it is almost impossible to get it all out, then to reseal so more doesnt get in it! The moisture comes fromthe heating and cooling , and it not being air tight. You can try to get all the water out by removing them and air drying them, and letting them hang, then try to find the seasl, or crack where the moisture is coming in, and seal it. Your best bet is replacement. If you search, you will find them for about $100 for the pair!

I took care of this on a pair of headlights on my buddy's old civic a few years ago. Here's what I did: I took the headlights off the car, then I used a heat gun to loosen up the sealant that seals the lense to the backing. After the sealant softened up I was able to pull the lense from the back. After Seperating I took the heat gun to the lense and the backing, as well as wiped both down very well. I then hang dried them for awhile and resealed with a tube of new sealant. Let the sealant dry and put them back on the car.