• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

YOUTH BOW

Big Dave2

Just curious what everyone has started their kids out on. Is there any good reason to start a kid with a recurve rather than a compound? Is there any good reason to start a kid with a compound rather than a recurve?

I have a left handed 8 year old and I'm just not too sure what I should do. He has shot before but he has been trying to shoot with a right handed bow. I want to end that so that he can learn to shoot the way he is supposed to since he is left eye dom.

Any advise would be helpful.

I started my oldest son out when he was 4 with the bear brave bow, he has now moved up to the warrior and the youngest has started on the brave, they are nice little compounds that they can pull back, I have also made them each longbows out of hickory. So they shoot both styles compounds and longbows. and love every minute of it,