• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm up? Are bass going?

johnksully

I found most of mine under or near the docks today. This is very different than where I've found them the rest of the year on the particular lake I was on. They were found on deeper weedlines (10-15 ft. for this lake) up until about a week ago. A week ago they were mainly on shallow weedlines (4-6 ft. for this lake), and today in on the docks for the first time all year. Today's best went 19" and 4#, and I lost another larger one at the boat when trying to avoid hitting a dock because of the wind.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Depends on what part of the land of rocks and cows you hunt. Some places you can shoot up to 5. Only 1 wth horns though.
    • You guys still have to file for permits? In da mitten ya get 2 tags, one can be a doe but you can buy permits otc like beer & smokes till your shoulder is sore. It's good to be a wolverine!
    • https://www.remington.com/shotshell/accutip-sabot-slug/29-20496.html
    • Getting excited to go this year as my 13 (soon to be 14 on Saturday) year old son, has now taken an interest in hunting!  He really wants to go deer hunting, so I went and investigated what would be a good gun for him to use, and decided on a 20 gauge Savage 220 bolt action slug gun.  If finding that model of gun wasn't hard enough, trying to now find bullets for the darn thing is pert near impossible!!  Not only are the Remington Accutips (recommended ammo) out everywhere, the next best thing Hornady SST are also out of stock!  To add to all that, trying to just find a 20 gauge sabot to just shoot the gun is proving to be very rare to find!!!  The only saving grace is that I know people that have the same make and model gun and they have some extras they will borrow if need be, but no one wants to give away hard to find ammo!!  Exciting to have my son want to hunt this year but finding ammo was not part of the hunt that I thought was going to be hard!!!   Good Luck to everyone this year!  Last night in my neighborhood I saw 8 bucks all hanging together...some decent ones mixed in with a couple spikes and forks.  Sure gets the blood pumping ready for the season to really get going!
    • I got me one of those anterless permits!!😉 bullets are gonna fly!!🤪
    • Nice smoke ring!  👍
    • Make brisket cheap again…. found a little 3.5lber I couldn’t pass up at Costco and did it up on the Weber kettle today:  
    • It's a blue heron decoy. And it's screwed to the dock!😉 it's supposed to be something that says it's a safe space. I heard some duck hunters use them at times.
    • What is that at the end of the dock and is it alive, and if so why doesn't the dog seem to care at all?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.