• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

90 TRX Honda or Polaris Stealth 90

coonchaser

I'm looking at both of these quads for my son, I'm a honda fan but i like the lights and reverse on the polaris, i'm curious what everyone thinks, I had looked real hard at the honda recon, but although i think my son is a very good rider, it is a 250 and i couldn't see a way to govern it down any, if anyone knows how to add a screw to the throttle or something let me know, i'd definately go with the recon then....THanks

Depending on how big your son is. You may have posted this info in previous posts.

But on a serious note, I'm glad to see your being a responsible parent and not putting him on something that's too big.

I had a Scrambler 90 for my sons about 7 years ago. It was a 2-stroke and with my rear end on it, it would still haul some serious tail.

The 4-strokes are a milder power delivery and I personally don't think you can go wrong with either the Polaris or Honda.

Unless Polaris has significantly improved the brakes on their 90cc machines I would look elswhere. I've had both a Scrambler 90 and a Predator 90 and if you even look at a puddle while riding it the brakes quit working. Gets tiresome having to clean out the drums after every ride. Disc brakes all the way. I also have a Recon 250 and while they are also drum brakes they seem to be sealed up a lot better.

Buy the Honda!!!!!!!!!! I have three Honda's and one Polaris 90 predator. The polaris is a quick little machine and the reverse and lights are nice, but I bought this machine new last October and it has been back to the dealer twice with problems! I second the comment on the breaks, they are very poorly sealed on the Polaris. The Hondas are far more reliable in my opinion.