• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motorsports Complex in Big Lake, MN - Need involvement and lots of it!

mn650

Here is some wonderful news for the State of MN and my hometown in particular, assuming it goes through which I am going to get directly involved in.

International Motorsports Entertainment and Development Corporation (IMEDC) announced that it has chosen a site for its state of the art mixed-use motorsports complex. Plans for the project to be situated on approximately 400 acres in Big Lake, MN include include a 5/8 mile, high-banked paved oval, a one quarter mile drag strip, a three-eighths mile oval dirt track and a 100,000 square foot exhibition and convention center.

While that listed above does not mention anything about ATV's I have already contacted the president of IMEDC and have begun the initial conversation of ATVs and what that site could provide for. Initial reaction back on it is favorable but a long ways to go to just get the site approved and also work on the ATV front. My personal main interest is ATV Mud Racing but will be discussing all flavors of ATV racing.

WE NEED INTEREST IN THIS IN ORDER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.....

I will be working to get a petition for motor enthusiasts of all varieties involved in this and am asking for assistance on this. It is for the sport, the State of MN and the City and Township of Big Lake, MN. I know the majority of members on HL are from down South but anyone should be able to help on this and I know there are Northern members on here as well.

[Note from Admin, edited. Please read forum policy before posting again, thank-you.]

I think a mudding area would be great! Not so much mud racing but more like a mud pit with some technical holes in it thats accually hard to make it through. I would also like to see some sort of rock crawl or something like that.

Yes, it sounds good for the sport. Keep us informed.

Did anyone else hear about possible trails in the sand dunes? I think it is a perfect place because it won't bother anyone being it is kind of secluded. It could be a great place as long as we stay on the trails.

I live in Becker. I heard rumor of this complex a while back. I don't know where the chosen site is and please keep in mind I am not a fan of this type of thing, therefore, I don't know much about the motorsports which race at these complex's.

I understand the benefits of having something like this in the area, but I am really concerned about the noise factor.

How far away from the site would you hear the noise? I don't mean to open a can of worms, just kind of concerned about people with existing homes which could be nearby the chosen site. What could that potentially do to their property values.

I know personally, I would hate to live nearby if every saturday I had to listen to race cars all day long.

The site is going to be behind Victories and the new VFW. You should see it when going the over the overpass for the tracks on Hwy 10, off to the west. I have heard you are going to access it via Co. Road 14 and the road running to 14 (172nd) with no crossing guards for the rail road track. Next to the lumber yard and the tank welding place.

There has been big talk of NASCAR coming in after it is built. Due to legal issues they are not allowed to use "NASCAR" in their press releases, but it is all the talk up here as of now.

Yes, it will be loud. Yes, it bring jobs and money this way. I think it is way further along than most think. It is reality as far as I know.

When they race go fishing! or go to the races, sell parkng spots on your lawn, The one in Alex, is supported by the whole community. Before they go through the planning stages they look at potential problems with noise parking , access etc. I am sure it will be placed in an area that will have the least impact. They tried this a couple years ago by Albertville but the property was in Ostego and they did not want to put in sanitation, water etc. Albertville wanted the land annexed to them and build one but Ostego said NOPE!,

I kind of figured that would be the site location.

there are brand new homes that just went up across hwy 10 from there. And more planned I think.

I can tell you what, if I knew that complex was coming, if I owned one of those houses, my house would be up for sale tomorrow. Not that it would sell in this market.

I guess it could be a selling point for some folks, but for the vast majority of people with young children, etc. my hunch is that it would just make it even more difficult to sell.

I personally do not care either way, I probably live far enough away that it won't affect me, but I can't help but think about the people who bought new houses very close by there before this complex was in the works.

probably shouldn't speak for those people, maybe they like that sort of thing. Who knows. Just voicing my opinion and concern.