• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow baits

Boss Hogg

Good question. I used to use a camera flash that worked off 4 AA batteries. The idea was that the light was brighter or more intense, so you only had to pop it with the flash once or twice. The flash really drained the batteries and didn't work that great in cold weather, so I quit using it.

Now I use either a mag-lite or my lantern, and the longer you hold the bait there the better it glows. I'll be curious to see what everyone says.

Also, is the Tazer worth getting? Is it that much better than the flashlight or lantern approach?

I think that the LED lights definitely make your lures glow brighter than a lantern or mag-lite. I had a tazer by Lindy but when I got it wet it stayed on and eventually went dead. It was on for a couple of days though so if you only flash your lure for a couple of seconds each time it should last for a long time. I bought a northland flasher for about 5 bucks less and it does just as good of job. I only flash my lure for 2 or 3 seconds, just enough to get the entire thing glowing brightly.

You can buy tazers for $5 or$6 now. I have had one going on 3 years and it still works fine.
The longer you hold it on a lure the brighter it will get,(up to a point.) It will also last a little longer if charged longer. I have found that a light charge on the lure generally works better then a bright charge.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005