• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 1660 Classic SS vs Lund 1625 Rebel SS

solbes

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with these two boats? I am looking at a new boat replacement. I really like the option on the Classic for aft seating that's hinged. Two rear fixed seats when up, or flip down to give large rear casting deck plus access to battery compartments. Makes the 16 footer able to seat 2 adults and 2 kids on occasion. Does anyone know if this option can be added to the 1625 Rebel? Their hulls are almost identical. Guess I can find out from the dealers this weekend if no one knows.

I like the layout of the Rebel a little better as the storage options seem nice. Livewell on bow and deeper bow storage.

Also any opinions out there on 75 Merc vs 75 Yamaha (both 4S EFI)? Doesn't sound like much to switch to Yamaha. Any top speed info for either model with these boats? Thanks in advance

I purchased the 1660 Classic last year and have no regrets. The aft hinged seating is a great option also. Very nice riding boat and well set up. I would without a doubt purchase this boat again.

I have a 50 4 stroke merc and with myself in the boat top end is around 34. If you are going to be running with three or more I would bump it up 20 or so HP.

Thanks Harvey Lee. 34 is some pretty respectable top end from a 50 horse. Must be an efficient hull design. Unless price gets to be excessive, I'll only be looking at the 75's since we would also like to pull skiiers and tubers as our kids get a few years older. There was a 60 horse Etec out in western MN pre-rigged that might also work; it weighs only 220 lbs. The Etec 75 was 320, so about 80% the weight of the Merc.