• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

98 Yamaha F50

Hopefully I can explain this good enough to understand on the above motor. This all started after the opener, on opening day it ran completely fine, the next time I took it out it started doing this mid-trip.

Starts fine, idles fine. I put into gear and until I hit 3K RPM it runs real rough, when it hits 3K and above it seems like it is running just fine. Wether the motor is hot or cold it is the same result.

I have changed plugs, changed gas, sea foam, cleaned fuel filter. Removed prop just to make sure the bearings were ok and nothing wrapped in there, both fine. So I am at a loss now. All in all it is more of an annoyance but on the other side, I don't know if I am doing any sort of damage to the motor. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Have you treated it with Yamalube Ring Free? If not try that. Other wise you might have to clean the carbs and/or resink. By the way I have the exact same motor. Mine ran ruff at idle and it had some water in the carbs.

Can someone else chim in on this one? crazy I know how to do it, but can't explain. It shouldn't take to long to do. whistle On a different note, the ring free is some pretty spendy stuff. I use it once a year. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

Make sure you count the number of turns on each carb to bottom the jets out and reset them to the same spot when you're done. If you don't the synch between the carbs will be out of adjustment and you could have similar symptoms.

marine_man