• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake of the Ozarks

Planning a family vacation there and have no idea where to begin. Ideally we would like to be near good bass areas. smile

Probably going to go with a campground to save on money. Any recommendations there?

It's a huge lake and very intimidating for someone who has never been on it before!

Any help is much appreciated!

If you've never been on LOZ my suggestion would be get a guide. Otherwise you may find yourself spending your entire vacation looking for fish. Or, you can hit the local baitshops and get some info. With the water so high it just gives the fish more places to hide. Another suggestion is go to Missouri conservation HSOforum and they have a weekly fishing report that could be very helpful.

Good Luck and hope you catch a mess!!!!

Doop,

If you're still in the planning stages, and are not locked into Lake of The Ozarks check out Mark Twain Lake. Lots better fishing. It's a Corps of Engineers lake so no lodging right on the water, but in my opinion a much better fishing lake.

Fishing is tough right now for bass and crappie. Bass are deep holding at or near the thermocline around 18' on main lake points. Was there last week and actually caught fish with a jigging spoon in 35'water. Best bet would be early morning or even night fishing secondary's. Personally, I'm done with L/O until October. Can't take the big cruisers or the jet ski's anymore.