• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hello Everyone,

My family is renting a place on the the south end of Tiger Cat Flowage at the end of July and I was wondering if anyone out there has fished it much. I don't know if you can reach all the lakes via boat but looking at mapquest it seems there are some channels that link them up? We're looking for some walleye for dinners and bass and muskie for fun. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

You can get to all of them with a smaller boat, the biggest problem would be getting through the culvert to Burns Lake but I've done it. The channel to Placid is a little shallow too but passable. Lots of bluegills but they run kind of small, same with muskies. Decent largemouths but I don't think they've planted any walleyes in recent years so they might be hard to come by. Fun set of lakes to boat on.

I've fished the next lakes down much of life, Callahan and Mud. From everyone I've talked to, they are nearly identical fisheries. Shallow with lots of weeds, part of the Chief River system, lots of medium sized bass and lots of small muskies. Walleyes are super rare. There is no problem with eating a 14" bass in my book though.

Lure tip: perch colored Bass'O'Reno SLAYS the bass up there

-Andy

Thanks for the info guys. Our trip was good and the above:

"lots of medium sized bass and lots of small muskies"

is pretty accurate. We had fun catching the bass which were plentiful and got mixed up with a few muskies, most of which were encountered as we reeled in sunfish from the dock!