• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice house

g3angler

I currently have a Shappell S4000 and it is starting to see some wear. I am looking to purchase a new portable and am looking strongly at the Frabill Speed Shak XL and I am wondering if anyone has this shelter and how they like it pro's and con's. I do want another suitcase style again.

Have had mine for 5 years and like it. It sets up faster that anything any of my buddy's have and has enough room. The biggest drawbacks are the weight, (although newer ones may be lighter, I don't know) and you really can't fish 2 holes next to each other. (they'd only be about 6" apart) One friend has a clam 6800 and I must say that when I need a new one I'll have to take a hard look. more room than the XL, setup only takes about 2 minutes more, but it's alot lighter than mine.

Gadget

My friend has a Frabill Speed shack the one man model. He loves it. I fished with him, I was in my Clam 5x6, last winter and was so impressed with it that I am also looking at a flip style house. I'm leaning toward an Otter but also like the Frabill.

I have a frabil speed shack. For setting up it is the best. I really like the frabil suitcase style because it is very roomy has a nice high roof and has a floor so you are not in direct contact with the ice that is the only thing I do not like about the flip style (just my personel preference). The one bad thing about the frabil speed shack is it weighs about 90 pounds so it is heavy compared to the other shelters.