• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor Beeps

Sandmannd

Shift into fwd gear, remove the gear case, and you will find the water pump assy on top of the gear case centered on the drive shaft. remove the housing. Theres your impeller. Shane, I'd suggest you buy a manual. Not only will it help walk you through this procedure, but will come in handy for many other things you may encounter in the future. Even how to perform routine maintanence. Heck, I bet between you, your wife and kid, you will know so much about that motor, we might not even hear from you! grin

Bruce, good call, I have been looking for a manual, always a good idea to have one anyway. My wife takes no interest in the boat so I doubt she will read up on it. crazy

Boxmn, my email is [email protected]

On Merc's ( most) Beep = low oil steady sound means over heating. you may have enough oil but the cap is bad on the tank. I have gone through as many as 3 caps in 1 year. The wires break that senses the float/oil level in the tank. the wires are pretty fragile

Here's the warning beep info right out of the owner's manual:

The warning horn will emit a continuous beep. This will alert the operator to one of two problems: EITHER an engine overheat condition OR low oil level in the oil injection tank.

marine_man