• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Fertilizer Spreader

swedishpimple

I just had my second Vigoro 10000 Rotary Spreadder break on me. The hopper broke away from the handles dumping the entire contents on my lawn. I scooped it away and used the shop vac on the rest.

What brand will hold up?? And sprin the way they are supposed to. Is the Scott's Line any Better???

The HD will be geeting this one back and Scotts is the only other option there.

If you can afford it, I would suggest looking at a rotory spreader from Lesco. I am not sure what model it is that i have but they are spendy at around $300 but they work great and will last many years if cleaned after each use.

I have used commercial spreaders from scotts, I believe the model was R8A? that worked nice too but not sure on the price...I'm guessing it is in the $250-$300 range as well.

As far as spreaders go, I have only really used the commercial brands so I am not sure what is best for under $100.

Maybe keep an eye on hsolist. That's where I got my Lesco spreader for $170.

Try the red Earthway spreader that FleetFarm sells, the one with the pnumatic tires...goes for around $65-$70...I've had one that I've used for the past 3 years and I do alot of fertilizings.

I've been using the same Scotts Speedygreen rotary spreader for several years without any problems. It covers about a 5' wide path with each pass. I usually set the guage at 50% of what is recommended and go North/South and then East/West for full coverage.The cost is around $40.

Just in FYI...I ended up getting the Scotts Basic Spreader at Home Depot to replace the POS Vigoro I got there. The Scotts is an ok unit for 26 bucks. I was already into HD for 24 bucks...so I was kind of stuck with the Scotts or store credit for something else.

It spreads nice and even and has not clogged up yet. THe construction is much better than the Vigoro.