• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bio bait report

dfv87

Dave,
I have tried the bio bait several ti,es as of late and found the crappies I have been catching have almost exclusively been on minnows. To be honest it is hard to use the bio bait when everyone else is catching crappies on minnows.
We are panning a trip to Lake Alexander near Randall to try for some Walleyes and I plan on trying the bio bait tipping the jigging spoons and raps.
The product holds up so well that I have frozen it and thawed and freeze and thaw several times and it is still useable.

I used it on some of my best perch and sunfish lakes over the last week and had good results.
The bio bait is much harder for the smaller perch and sunnies to steal then wax worms and minnows, and as a result I spent more time fishing and less time rebaiting.
I didn't catch fish on the bio bait all day, but I did catch fish on it when they didn't want anything else.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

dfv87
Thanks for the great report... any report we get back is "great"!
Bio-Bait and Ice Bits is in its infantsy... and is evolving as we speak.
Richard is attempting to determing exactly how much "flavor" to add to the product, without having a over-kill situation. The test batch that was sent out is at a "minimum dose" of flavor. We wanted to determine the results on that amount and the effect.
I am going to ask him to "kick it up a knotch" and add more prae flesh... to the next batch he makes for testing (which is very easy done).
Shoot me your name & address in an email to: [email protected] and I'll send you another & quite different sample to try out for us. I will appreciate your reporting on that one also. I am curious to see if we are on target. Thanks much!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

When they want meat, boy it can be dang tough to convince them otherwise.

Try this just for the heck of it once. Separate a few morsels of the bio baits into a separate baggy.

Now take a couple of them slower moving minnows in the pail and smooch them up and toss them in with the Bio Baits. The meaty scent quickly transfers into the Bio Baits, then try them again.

I have been doing this with the leftover Bio Baits on some very fussy darn Goldeye, and they will fall for it. Goldeye can be every bit as, or more then, as fussy as a sneaky crappie.

I carry a few smaller hook pouch style zip-lock bags with me, just for this meat saturation trick. They are also handy to store meat morsels anytime, and lighter then toting the minnow pail around when hole hopping.

Give it a go, see if it will pan out for you too.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Ed Carlson (edited 12-26-2003).]