• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EXIF data for my pics

I thought I should explain a bit about my EXIF data on the photos taken with my 400mm telephoto lens. If any of you have tried to view the data and wondered why it didn't look quite rite, it would be because I installed a matrix metering chip from another lens so I could at least meter with the manual lens. Here is a sample photo I took a few days ago of a red neck grebe.

DSC_2334-withframe.jpg

Thank you guys. I should explain a little more. When I took the chip out of the donor lens it read a focal length of 130mm and it also shows an incorrect f/stop number. Would any of you know if it would matter all that much if I have matrix metering or not? Would my photos expose far differently?

As long as you are getting properly exposed images, it shouldn't matter whether you are using matrix metering, manual metering or whatever. I'm pretty sure anyways.

That's a great shot. I like the down low viewpoint.

Yes, regardless of the metering method, a quick check of the histogram will tell you if your exposure is correct of if you need to make adjustments.

On my monitor, some of the whites are blown out. It could be any number of things, including differences in monitor calibration. I bring it up only because of your question about metering, and I wondered if you had any "blinkies" on your histogram at capture, denoting blown-out highlights.