• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for pick-up truck owners (mpg)

The thing is, I have a 2006 Pathfinder and it only gets 12-13mpg.

The best I ever got has pulling a 16' Alumacraft back from Arkansas. I got 16-17mpg.

I think the fuel down there is more potent. Less ethanol.

Anyway, I'm thinking if my mpg is this bad with a mid-size suv, why not just drive a truck. That way I can get a pop-up slide-in camper instead of tenting.

Without the camper on I wouldn't experience anything worse than what I'm already use to.

Had an 2003 F-150 with a 5.4, extended cab, long box. Pulling the boat 12-13, no boat 16.5-18.5. No own a 2008 Chevy 1500 with a 5.3 flex fuel engine. Pulling the boat 10-11, no boat 16-17.5. I have noticed that the Chevy will not get as good a milage as the Ford did on the interstate. I have a trip planned same as last year with the Ford and am going to compare it with the Chevy. But at interstate speeds the Chevy really drops off, down to 14-15. My old Ford would do 16-17. E-85 VS regular gas. As long as there is a .58 cent spread its the same cost per mile. So might just as well pay it to a farmer in the USA as a person overseas.

97 F-150 with the 4.6L V8, extended cab, flare side bed. Pulling the boat 10-12, same as my city mileage. Interstate driving it will run up to 15, but that was my highest ever. Country driving I suppose is in the 12-15 range.

2002 Toyota Tundra 4.7 4wd. Average 14.3 city driving, 17-18 on hwy if taking it easy/no towning. With small boat/ATV/Snowmobile trailer it only drops off a very small amount.

2004 Suburban 5.3 4wd. About the same!

Both good trucks.

2006 Chev 1500, 5.3 liter. 4x4. I just got this truck and have been watching the mileage very close.

Town-- 15

Highway--19

Towing boat at 65 long distance--15.5

This is with a new air cleaner, synthetic oil and synthetic gear oil.