• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shock Collars?

Hey guys I have a ten month old springer. I just sent her away for two months training up at Pine Shadows. I am interested in getting a shock collar. I don't want to use it a whole lot, but I would like the ability to stop my dog, if she chases after a deer or one of the other things dogs love. I know absolutely nothing about any of the collars on the market. Is there a specific brand or model that is better then the others? Any suggestions would be very helpfull.

Dogtra 2000 T&B here the older version of the 2500. IMO the bad part about the 2500 is after the dog runs a bit the beeper is pointing towards the ground. On the 2000 the beeper is separated and points upwards after the collar settles into place making it louder.

My $.02....

I've had to send in my dogtra about every year (4th time I think)... of course last year was right before my SD pheasant trip

My 11 year old came from a guy in LeSueur. The 9 year old for Field to Stream Kennel in Mahnomman. and the 6 year old is out of a litter form the 11 and 9 year old. If I remember correctly you got yours from Mark at Pine Shadows correct?

I just got a Dogtra 2300 this winter and it's working good so far, fortunately I haven't had to use it much. I call it her "hearing aid" because she listens so much better with the collar on. \:\/

Nels

I think I'm the only one that uses something different. I use the cabelas gun dog gs-3500 I belive it was the cheapest E-collar out there. I have had it for six years and it has worked great. He does listen a lot better when it is on, if he takes off to chase a deer or coyote all I have to do is use the tone and he turns right back!! The first month I owned the collar it saved my dogs life. I have a choc lab so he needs to go greet everybody human or animal. And there was a dog on the other side of the road, so he takes off and at the same time a suv is coming down the road I blasted him with the shock and he lied down instantly missing the suv by about 2 feet!!

I have two different Tri-tronics collars and like both of them. I needed the second one in order to run two dogs off of it. Second one is the sport combo G3. Only gripe that I have with it is that I wish my "roller" knob for the intensity was a little "stiffer clicks" between numbers. At times when walking through thick cover I've caught it being turned up all the way from brushing against cover. My buddy got the same one and his does seem stiffer.