• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transducer and Trolling Motor

LakeTahoe

Okay, so I bought a boat last fall, ordered wavewackers with the trolling motor cut out for the drivers side of the boat this spring. Sounds great right?! Well it would have been except I didn't realize the transducer and speed probe were on that side TOO! So my question is do any of you have the transducer AND trolling motor on the same side of the boat, if so, do you get any interference on the depthfinder? I guess worst case I move the transducer? I am hoping the trolling motor - sitting about 4 inches to the right of the 'ducer - is far enough! Live and learn \:\)

You can certainly move the transducer & speedo pickup. If they were installed on a transducer board I'd leave the board where it's at (no holes to fill) and add a new one on the other side. Even if you don't have a transducer board now I'd use one for the other side.

You will likely get some interference when running the trolling motor & locator at the same time.

Try it - you've already got everything ready to go on that, and see what it's like...

marine_man

Originally Posted By: marine_man

You will likely get some interference when running the trolling motor & locator at the same time.

marine_man

Just curious, why don't people see interference with the transducer mounted on or in the trolling motor when it is mounted on the bow?

On a bowmount trolling motor the transducer is ahead of the prop, so there is never any water/air cavitation moving over the surface of the transducer.

On the transom mount, going forward shouldn't cause any interference, but backtrolling might ....... it will pull the prop wash right over the transducer. Like marine man said, try it and see if it really is a problem.

I have my transom mount transducer on the same side as my kicker motor and the only time I ever lose the signal is if I gun the motor in reverse----the signal comes back as soon as I return to normal speeds.

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I think the Wave Wackers are a standard cut for right or left You could try to exchange them. I had my TM on the right side on a couple of boats, then bought a boat with wackers and the TM was on on the left side. Being that I fish off the that side I found it to be a better position. I bought a new boat last year and I kept the TM on the left.