• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New batteries for my boat

Imkmfly

I have decided it is time to replace both batteries in my boat and was wondering if anyone has any info on a good place to buy a good battery in the south metro. Also questioning what size I need, one is strickly used for my trolling motor and the other is for starting my 40 hp motor, fishfinder, livewell, lights, radio, and bilge.

You'll want two batteries... one deep cycle and one starting battery. As far as type - Interstate is tough to beat in my opinon. There are lots and lots of other options out there, it all depends on what you're willing to spend.

marine_man

I'll second the Trojan brand. I have been using them for about 6-7 years and they have been great. Had a Optima that lasted two years and that was using their charger. Waste of money.