• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Ice Fishing Contests

RiverDrew

Looking for infomation on ice fishing contests throughout Minnesota. Does anybody know of websites with a list of all contests throughout the state, including links and/or information on them? I've heard of a lot of contests that interest me, but haven't been able to find much info. on them through search engines. Any help/response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and tight lines...

Hi RiverDrew and welcome to Fishing Minnesota. Hit this link to learn about the ICE series http://iceleaders.com/ICE-Series-rules.html. The ICE series promotes multi-specie angling. We even have guides to help catch fish for everyone. Here's the skinny.

IceLeaders will educate, inform and provide fun for everyone who attends the Ice Challenge Event Series (I.C.E. Series).

This year's opening event will be held on Lake Winnibigoshish Saturday, January 10 at Denny's Resort.

IceLeaders events begin with a pre-game seminar and pep talk at 7 a.m. The contest starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 2 p.m. All contestants have a chance to win big prizes: such as a new portable Otter fish House; Eskimo Barracuda Ice Auger; a MarCum LX3 fish finder; and many more.

Best of all the winner is declared "The World's Greatest Ice Angler".

IceLeaders contests are multi-specie events, meaning fish for whatever you can catch -- walleye, pike, bluegill, crappie -- even an eelpout is legal game.

The IceLeaders are so dedicated to helping contestants catch fish, they have employed guides who are available to help you catch fish. (Yes, a contest where they help you catch fish.)

Check out the IceLeaders HSOforum for details: www.iceleaders.com. This is an ice fishing event you won't want to miss. Their motto is "we have more fun" and it sounds like they do.

The entry fee is $10 in advance, $15 at the door, kids under 16 are free. Food, beverages and product demonstrations follow the event.

River Drew,
You will like the I.C.E. Series contests... they are great fun!
Great door prized and good FREE food... Schweigert Smoked Brats & chili.
Gotta love that!

I did hear about a icefishing contest to be on Beaver Lake (Ellendale / Geneva area of Southern MN) supposed to be on Feb. 8th. and starting about noon. I am not sure exactly when or the contact info.
Anyone out there know about this one?
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

River:
As Dave said the fun at the Iceleaders series is fun in every way, things that differ from the "regular" contests.

1.Take up the enitre lake fish where you think the monster is or better yet go with the prostaff and guides.

2. You can use a portable house (Thank god on Winnie lol)

3. Guides and Prostaff lead the group out and share some of their expertise and they help people get on some really nice fish. They check on you regularly and you can move anytime you want.

4.Great prizes from some really good sponsors such as
Eskimo, Marcum , Stone Legacy, Thorne Bros. Catch n Tackle And many more great prizes.

5.Great food. Brats and Chili are a good way to warm up after fishing.

6.Meeting new people and putting faces to names. Not only do you get to check out some great tackle bait and gear but you can also meet the people that create them.

Though not all will catch fish everytime that is just nature, but almost all win something and everyone can say they had fun for sure.

Sum it up in a nutshell? If someone said that you cold go on a 6 hr lightly guided icefishing trip on one of the largest lakes in the state, complete with lunch and a chance to win an icehouse or a Marcum fish locator or many other prizes, all for $10.00 could you argue?
Ok kids fish free! grin.gif

Red Lake February 21 (see schedule for all)
Hope to see you there.