• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bakkens boat shop

fishingdad

I am posting this just to let anyone and everyone know that if you are in need of some minor or major boat repair done that Bakken's boat shop is the place to go. I had a pretty serious transom issue going on with a 7 year old Lund Fisherman that Lund would not stand behind so I brought it to Bakken's and I could not be happier!!! I did not meet Steve but I dealt with Richard. Steve's Dad I beleive and what a class act. It is so refreshing to actually get customer service nowadays that I will always remember the good ones and these guys are the good ones. To my understanding my boat was one of the harder transoms they have dealt with but it is done and the boat is safe and my family is as excited as I am for the walleyes and crappies to be splashing in the livewell. Thank You again Bakken's.... fishingdad (Bill)

I took my old boat down for holes in the hull about a year and a half ago. Richard called and said the transom was falling off. At that time he quoted me around $100 to do a new transom. Said it could go up or down depending on the work. I ended up turning the boat into the insurance because I was looking at a little over 2 grand to fix it and they replaced it. But they are great guys to deal with.

Originally Posted By: Gadgetman
How did you get insurance to pay for it. My policy says that rot isnt covered. I too ended up having Richard repair my transom and he did a nice job

That my freind is ancient Shanese secret. I didn't do anything I shouldnt, but worked with my insurance guy. They were just great to deal with. Mine wasn't rotting, it was coming away from the boat and the boat had two holes in it. Was pretty much totaled out.