• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Vacation

Hi guys,

Well I'm getting excited!! My vacation is in 2 months \:D We were going to stay at the KOA but I guess my husband wants to try someplace different. In the same Cloquet area or close by. I was thinking of the Willard Munger Inn. I have only seen the HSOforum, is it as nice as it seems? I know there is another forum about this but I am not sure where its at.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me. We are leaving here on the 28th and should be there late on the 29th or early 30th. Such a long drive, but worth it. So anytime from 30-4th. I havent made my plans yet so what ever works for you guys, I can plan around it. Are any hubbies going? If not my cousins will probably keep my hubby busy for a while.

NAW! its a cool conversation piece that ive noticed has made it to other forums. i guess i just like to pick on it. its just the kind of the way glenn57 is and i enjoy seeing others comment on it.

This may be a touchy subject but I always try to budget trips and 1700 miles is going to take alot of gas sick.gif I was just wondering what is has reached up there. Right now we are at $3.60 and by summer it is supposed to be over $4 close to $5.

Last year, when my daughter came up, she found the prices in Kentucky were far cheaper than anywhere else, even along the interstate....She met me in Nashville and then we went to Ill from there and up thru Ill to WI. So just before you leave Ken if you are coming that way, make sure you top off. The cost was .30 to .50 per gallon difference.

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
DeeDee, in Duluth it's $3.55/gallon right now. This is pretty sucky isn't it? This is going to put a damper on a lot of summer travel.

Sad this weekend. cry.gif Doing the math and may have to cancel the trip this year. Thought flying might be cheaper but airline tickets, rental car and lodging for 4 will be around $3500 sick.gif. Not including food, attractions and so on. But not giving up hope yet. If we go we will Definitely be driving.

I've actually stayed at the Willard Munger Inn. It's a mom and pop stop....but I enjoyed my stay and they have a nice outside area. I remember when I was checking out, dad had fallen asleep on the couch with the baby next to him, so I simpley left a note with my key, couldn't dare wake him up. Nice place, I'm going back in August.

Well I am not giving up! Its the only thing I have been looking forward to since we left there last year. Besides, I have that new camera, I have to go! grin.gif Just have to get my hubby to see things my way. ;\)