• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reflections

I don't know why, but I absolutely love pictures with relections. I'm no pro by any stretch, but I thought these were really neat and wanted to share.

I'm new to this and jumping in head first in the photography thing. I think I was a little annoying in the boat whipping out the camera every 30 seconds. Please hit me with suggestions to make my photos better. I'm using a Fuji S700 that I'm quite unfamaliar with.

Sunrises are cool. I'm the guy who's already at work when the sun rises so I watch it every chance I can.

Canadiansunrise.jpg

I don't know why, but I thought this was a cool picture. I like the reflections of the boat on the water. Hey, I'm easy to please.

coolboatpic.jpg

Amazingly, it wasn't cold out. It was quite warm by the time I took this one.

2008_0420SturgeonExcursion080020.jpg

BG, jump away! Photography is fun, and the fun can last your whole life. grin.gifgrin.gif

I like what you're doing with these shots, and it's a neat portrait of those fellas in the other boat. On the first image, it would have more impact if you got in closer and composed the image vertically, IMO.

Keep shooting. I sense an obsession being born. But, ah, no pics of PBR please. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Moving in closer wasn't really an option as we were at anchor and I was a guest in the boat, but I think I understand what you mean.

When you say vertical image, do you mean turn the camera 90 degrees and make the shot is more high than wide???

I'm thinking all my PBR experiences are not FM worthy, so I'll leave them out. grin.gif

I really like that first one. I agree with Steve, I think it would look a little nicer Vertical. Also I would try to make the shoreline level even though it may not have been. That's just my opinion. It looks great as is.