• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roofer's Popo?

jltimm

It seems to be working better now that somebody rides it more often.

It sometimes doesn't engage, and then other time it will start right up and seems to not disengage until it is revved up some. I think a little wd40 and some more time on it, it should loosen up. Have just under 80 miles on it so far in over 7 months.

Thanks for asking. \:\)

I have to add that the starter is in a much better spot than on the late 90's and early millenium Polaris's I have seen. It is on top of the engine instead of right in front, down in the mud and water.

They have moved them, although the one on my BF750 is in the same place it was on my '01 Xplorer 400. In the front and low. I haven't had any problems yet and they look to be the exact same starter, if not they are very similar in design.

On my 400's they always worked. On my Dad's 400's they would soon go out. Difference was, I washed mine :), and it was used more often.

Strange, I've never heard of any starter issues with the Brute Forces? Must have a better drain system? The starter was one problem I never had with the polaris I owned, although I only had it for 6-7 months and got rid of it fast! mad.gif

I also have had some starter problems with an older polaris. It has been a good machine don't get me wrong but it is ten plus years old now and thing are starting to wear out. The starter looks to be a bugger to get out so I have not decided if it is going to get gixed or not. Is there any bone yards for used atv parts around.