• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what chip do you use for gps when out riding.

L_Cappo

i was wondering what chips you guys use while out riding.i have a h2oc but i have never used it on the 4 wheeler while riding around.we have a ride planned 1st weekend in april and i wanna get the right chip if there is any.thanx for any info.

Mine isn't SD card compatable but I download my USTopo maps of the area I intend to ride. Most trails that we encounter are on there plus it indicates potential wet areas as well as elevational changes.

Bob

I bought the Topo chip for my H20. I don't use it for the lakes, but comparing side by side with another, it seems to have everything the lakemaster has, but includes the surrounding states. I'm not 100% that it includes everything the Lakemaster does, but I couldn't tell the difference.

If you plan to ride the first weekend in April............you just missed it. ;\)

I have an H20 also, In the winter I leave the lakemaster chip in and in the summer I switch to a road map chip. I dont know what brand or model this chip is my father programed it for me off some computer software he has. The road chip is better for wheeling because it has every trail you could possibly drive a 4x4 pickup down in MN WI ND SD IA and eastren MO. Only problem is it has alot of private roads on it too so Ive wound up in alot of peoples yards because you cant tell its not a road untill you are in someones yard! \:D

thanx for all the responces.so now i gotta make up my mind on which 1 is better.what would any 1 recommend for the atv to ride trails and such?