• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

They're ba-ack!

With the snow over the last week, I haven't been able to check on the closer eagle's nests, so have been watching the nest you can see from the road outside of Ely. It looked like a huge snow cone until two days ago. Even though there were two eagles there before the snow, I hadn't seen anything in the half dozen times I'd checked it. Was worried maybe the storm had done something bad. But not to worry - one on the nest and the other in the air when I checked it today:

they-re-back.jpg

Water is just starting to open and saw many more ducks today. Even saw a few gulls.

You guys are in for a serious push SOON! It has been incredible down here in Hennepin and Dakota counties! The numbers of migrating Loons, Ducks and neat birds has been like nothing I've ever seen! I think the two blizzards that hit north of the cities and the fact that the lakes are all frozen up there stopped them here in their tracks! Hopefully they stay around the north country for a while as well... I'm sure they will.

Originally Posted By: buzzsaw
You guys are in for a serious push SOON! It has been incredible down here in Hennepin and Dakota counties! The numbers of migrating Loons, Ducks and neat birds has been like nothing I've ever seen! I think the two blizzards that hit north of the cities and the fact that the lakes are all frozen up there stopped them here in their tracks! Hopefully they stay around the north country for a while as well... I'm sure they will.

I think you are exactly right. And these really strong southerly winds aren't hurting anything either. grin.gif

Keep an eye on that nest! Soon the eggs will hatch! I'm waiting for this nest by me to get busy soon! Like you said "wind is brutal" It's crazy here too! Could see the whole nest sway back and forth with the tree from the wind. Crazy ride..