• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Limbsaver Bow

crazydew

Has anybody tested the new DeadZone bow by Limbsavers yet.? Deitz i'm looking your way. Just wondering. Concept looks good but haven't had a chance to stop at Scheels to look at one because of field training this spring.

Chad

i shot one at cabela's a few weeks ago and it seemed really loud compared to the diamond and the primos bows. but it did fit me pretty good. i wouldn't by the bow but that is my preference.

SIMS Limbsaver Here are the specs

Model: Deadzone DZ-32

axle to axle: 32 inches

Brace Height:7.25 inches

Mass Weight: 4.2 pounds

Finish: Next G1

IBO speed: 320 to 330 fps

Those are the specs from Petersen's Bowhunting May/June 08

Here is the reveiw from the magazine

When a company comes out with a new bow they often struggle at first until dealers and consumers figure out whom they are and what they are selling. However, that doesnt seem to be the case with the Sims Limbsaver Dead Zone, Sims is a well-known company with an existing dealer network so the transition was not overly difficult. However, just because you have contacts in the marketplace doesnt mean you can make a good bow. Steven Sims and company spent three years developing the new dead zone and their efforts shine in sims first model.

The Dead Zone has a unique limb pocket that moves the butt off of the limb forward, away from the shooter, to permit a moderate brace height and parallel limbs. This design also reduces limb stress and keeps limb vibration from reaching the riser. the Dead Zone features a hybrid cam system. My notes from the ATA show: "Possibly the biggest Surprise of the show, very quiet, fast and sweet shooting bow. Shot feels great."

This article was writen by Bill Winke, (again not my opinion)

Crazydew, maybe this information will help a bit. Also in this Petersen's issue they have a "Great Bows 2008" section that covers all the bows for the upcoming year.

Baz

Thanks MrBaz, I read that article also. Just hadn't heard anyone on the forum testing it yet. We have our spring sheriff's auction this weekend and am planning on sneaking over to Fargo and try it out.