• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl on the move.

fishface

Kidsmarch142008059.jpg

Kidsmarch142008107.jpg

Kidsmarch142008092.jpg

Kidsmarch142008105.jpg

My daughter took these with pretty poor equiptment. Someday I'll get her tools that equal her eye. she's twelve.

Sorry about the sizing photobucket changed since I last used it.

The river seems to be about a week ahead of the rest of the state.

There where Robins EVERYWHERE!

The picts. are Swans

Redheads and Ringnecks,

B,Eagle and the moon,

And

Loons,

She walked right up to them.

What's better this time of year, the fishing, or the birds?

I'm so glad we can multi-task out there.

Pelicans

P4160005.jpg

P4160006.jpg

Buffleheads

P4160009.jpg

And Buzzards

P4160011_edited.jpg

My kinkdom for a camera.

My daughter is really into the birds!

Saw my first tree swallows yesterday while checking fence, and with the 73 degree high, spring peepers really cranked up the volume on the pond. This morning heard a brown thrasher in the dogwood and there was a rooster pheasant crowing and drumming while I was dumping water buckets right by the barn. Geese and ducks are paired up and starting to nest. Last ewe lambed yesterday so even though it's the start of a busy time of year in farm country, gotta stop and smell the roses. grin.gif

Saw a purple finch at the feeder last night, and a sparrow (I think a song sparrow, but not sure) and heard a robin for the first time last night. Woo-hoo!

Waiting for some water to open up to explore possibilities for this month's challenge on the photography board - something floating!