• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

red squirrel and if anybody has any tips please tell me

hegs, Jay is right. Much of what we say depends on what camera, lens and settings you were using.

I see from pulling the exif data off one of the images that you're shooting a Canon D30 (not 30D), and the settings for that image were at 1/500s f/8.0 ISO400 300mm.

These are nice pictures. Were they shot through a window?

hey where did u get all that info becouse some of that i don't eaven know what it is like 1/500s and f/8.0. I think that the f/8.0 is the f stop but i'm not shure and yeah they were taken through a window i think.

hegs, you can go online and do a search and download a free exif viewer. There are a bunch of them. Then you open the program and select "open file" and your image pops up with all the data.

The 1/500 is the fraction in seconds the shutter was open, and f8 was the aperture (f-stop). There's no need to get all technical if you don't want to. The automatic settings on the camera can be limiting when a person gets to a certain point with photography, but many, many people are perfectly content and take excellent photographs with automatic settings.

I figured the shots were through a window because there's a bit of softness to them, and in some cases the backgrounds are kind of irregular. They are definitely nice shots, but removing that extra pane or two of glass by shooting outside will make your shots sharper. Of course, depending on your camera, it may be hard to get close enough to those critters outside, too. grin.gifgrin.gif