• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Todays Tackle

I had the chance to use the new Rod Strap from Todays Tackle when I was on the ice this morning. And I must say, quite the nice little set up. It can attach to just about anything in your portable or permanent so that your rod is out of they way when you deadstick but yet easy to use and operate. It consists of a heavy duty light weight strap with two pieces of velcro. It can be velcroed onto any pole in your portable and can be used with any pole. It unvelcros for easy exit and for when you have a strike you can unvelcro for a quick hook set. I used one this morning for crappies and I didn't miss any fish when using one, and I didn't have a rod in my face or in my way in front of me, its off to the side and out of my way. You don't have to worry about a larger fish taking your rod and you can also use them to store your rods in your portable if you are not using them, keeps them up and organized for eay use in the future. These Rod Straps can be placed in your tackle box, sled, or even your pocket. Just something new that I thought I'd share that is really interesting and works well.

Todays Tackle also makes the Ice Buster Bobber, which is another great thing to have when out on the ice. Consists of a piece of foam/float that can be cut down to balance out any jig or presentation. The fish don't feel any resistence when they take the bait and it keeps your line and bobber stop below the ice so it doesn't freeze up. Works great for all species.

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 12-08-2003).]

I got a couple of the rod straps at the
show, brought them to my brothers house
and they somehow dissappeared. He must
have liked them too.

If you like the Ice Buster Bobber you will
LOVE the Wave Buster Bobber for summer
fishin. Todays Tackle has changed my
fishing life. Thanks Bruce

------------------
Curt Quesnell
NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

Ice Busters are the only way to go! I have had a chance to try these and I must say they are the only floats I use now. Thanks to Bruce Mosher for helping FM This year, and letting me try the new 3.5's.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

i picked up some of them rod straps at the ice show on sunday. went home and got the portable out and set it up in the garage to try em out. these straps are the bomb. i can see useing them to deadstick and so the pole doesnt go down the hole when im out looking for other spots.

snowking

The "Rod Strap" will appear in this sight or on my web sit www.todaystackle.com very soon. I will talk to Rick and get things rolling. They are very simple to use with the quick on-off Velcro and attach to almost anything. Tubes on your portable shacks, Permanent houses, Cut a 1" slotted hole in the top of a 5-gallon bucket, Chairs, ATV racks, etc.. Cost should be about $5.99 a 2-pack so it's Cheap!!! Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

I saw some two packs of the new rod straps today at Ceason's tackle in Crookston. Ceasar had a couple rigged with rods in a display portable fish house, and they look like they'll work great. If I'd a had any cash in my pocket I would have bought 4 or 6. They should work great for holding my rod when I'm unhooking and baiting for my two boys.

Another handy-top quality product.