• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Touch Up Paint

Deep_Sinker

I recently purchase a new to me 01 Lund Fisherman with some dock rash. It's bad enough that I can see the shiny aluminum under the paint. Does anyone know where I could find a touch up paint kit to repair the scratches or know the color code so I could have some mixed up? It is the classic lund red color.

I just checked my PPG computer, the closest thing I have is gas tank red. If you can't find anything, I have a color eye, or ALOT of paint chips to find one that matches. I am not sure if we can find something to touch up bare alum though. You would want some kind of corrosion protection.

Lund only sells quart size spray cans according to Ray's Marine...no small touch up kits. Dave, if you were closer I would look you up, however, I may have to take to a local shop and see what they can do. I haven't been able to find anything. I can't believe I'm the only one looking to cover scratches on a Lund.

The 'other' brand gave me 2 little touch up bottles with my purchase.

Heck, even buying a new car/truck now days they give you a touch-up bottle.

Have you called Lund direct? They have to have something for you.

You can always have your wife/GF/daughter or whatever purchase a fingernail polish in the same color as a semi-permanent fix. That stuff comes in every color imaginable and sticks to anything. Classic Lund red is very close to "hooker red".

Don't laugh, it works.