• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

90 ELPTO Mercury

mattrd

What is the max hp for that boat. Be in the upper 10% or so.

I have a 75 Merc. tiller. I think the only difference is the 90 is 3-5 mph faster. No complaints with my Merc. it been a very good motor for me.

The motor's pretty bullet proof from a mechanical standpoint - they have trouble from time to time with the rectifier, but nothing real serious.

Idle's not too bad... not as good as a 4 stroke or anything like that, but they idle pretty decent.

marine_man

We trolled with our 87 a lot.

Worked fine. You need need to go and open it up after hours of trolling to clean it out a bit. You will see some smoke then, but then right back to trolling \:\)

We skiied a ton with ours as well. Not bad on gas, but it wasn't a power house out of the hole with the 3 cylinders, but enough to get fat guys up on one ski, with a little dragging \:\)

Originally Posted By: marine_man
The motor's pretty bullet proof from a mechanical standpoint - they have trouble from time to time with the rectifier, but nothing real serious.

marine_man

Well stated. This is one of the best motors out there in its class. You will be very happy with it!