• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice jig molds

Might be difficult to find a mold in that style. I am sure Lindy has patents on all of those shapes, so your probably out of luck, unless someone knows where to find one. If so, I would love to know as well, they are my favorite jig for hardwater.

From what I have found after some extensive searching is that you are limited to several options. The first is you can buy a do-it mold, and use a dremel to fashion a different style from one of their smaller molds or from their blank mold. The other is to speak with someone at a machine shop and have them build one from scratch, or customize a do-it mold. I have not found any ice jig molds, or anyone willing to give up any information on the ones they have. You can also make one from silicone or plaster, but that never seemed worth the time. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Originally Posted By: MNmikew
Some type of Genz like bug. Only thing I can seem to find is small regular round head molds or swimming jigs.

I looked through my netcraft catalog and found nothing like the Genz Bug.

Do-It does make a blank mold. If you know someone handy with a end mill you can make your own custom jig mold.

<BTW>netcraft does handle some unpainted panfish jigs that may be of use to you.

Shawn Collins Customs, got him working on 3 molds for me right now (no Ice jigs), just google Shawn and you will see his HSOforum, if its doable for handpour he can do it, otherwise look up tightline angler products, he runs a spincasting outfit and will make you a mold from a drawing and produce the product to, if you would like. His pricing is very reasonable and you could get away from messing with lead doing it that way.