• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trip in August

Hey there B N S

How are things going? We are all booked up to go this August already (lucky enough to be able to have a gal that enjoys and will allow fishing to be tied in with a honeymoon!!). Had a guy come to SD pheasant hunting this past year that is a friend of a friend of the father in-law who actually owns a lodge in Alaska on the Kenai. He is just out of Soldonta (sp?) AK. The place is called Ron Fay's Moose Creek Lodge. You can do a search for this. If want to discuss further you can get my number from the "big guy" that you lower yourself to bass fish with.

WW

Bass/spear, depending when in august you go, it'll be either the end of sockeye(reds) season, or beginning of coho(silver) season, Trout fishing can be phenominal at this time. I guided a couple years at Chelatna Lake Lodge, which is at the headwaters of lake creek. Roughly 1.5 hr flight north of Anchorage. It offers fabulous accomadations, great food, unbelievable scenery,raft trips, flight seeing, and great fishing. If your looking for a nice place that while fishing is priority, it also offers much for a wife/girlfriend,etc to do also, check it out. I believe Duke offers 3,5,7 day trips, so hopefully your budget will fit one of these. Google chelatna lake lodge for more info.Taz

BnS,

All kinds of places to go. First probably decide which direction you are going. Penninsula, Interior, try to do it all?

Aug if early the reds should running on the Kenai, Kasilof, if later you'll find Silvers. Both are a blast.

Great site to look for places HSOforum http://www.sportsmansresource.com/flodgesxalaska.htm.

If you are going to the Kenai I would recommend Anglers Lodge, or Marlow's both are right on the river, nice to wake up and have a cup of coffee looking at the river. Soldotna/Sterling area.

Go up every year, this will be 14 in a row.....have fished with both, stay just down the road at a cabin, helps to have all the fishing equip up there so just show up and fish!! You will have a blast!! Good luck on your search!!