• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger owners How did you mount downriggers to your boat

GRH

I'm hopefully buying a new ranger 620 in the next couple of months. Just wondering what or how you guys mount your Riggers to the boat. any pics would be great

Thanks

I haven't done it or seen it in person, but I think a common mounting application is to get a board or rail that runs across the stern of the boat and mounts to the grab rails on the gunnels. Then mount your riggers to the board or rail. I don't know how this works with clearances to open the hatches, etc.

FWIW Ranger is extremely helpful and responsive with questions like this. Try giving them a call or an email, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I have a reata that I mounted two big jon downriggers on. I used the rod holder that was already on the boat, and added a second one on the other side. Using two vertical gimble mounts I fastened a transom board to them. To remove I just pull it out and it is gone. Very nice for a fish and ski application. Also, I can add many rod holder onto the transom board. I can take some pictures and e-mail, or you could stop over and check it out.

I will try to add pictures:.

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

This is what the flush mount rod holder look like. They are vertical ones, not ones set at an angle.

DSCN0172.jpg

I had a friend of mine fabricate the gimble mounts, but you can buy vertical 90 degree mounts from a varity of places.

DSCN0177.jpg

Hope this helps, the pictures are kinda bad.

sparkyaber

I like your set up. I just bought a wx1880 skeeter, and have big jon downriggers. I have to find what works for this boat, but I like your mounts that have the cup to hold the weight. were do you get those?

I bought them from a co-worker who bought the whole set up of downriggers and the transom board, only he did not need the board so he sold it to me for a smoking deal. You can still buy the board from big jon, but it is super expensive. It is over 500 dollars for just the board, no rod holders, no ball holders. Those are additional. Keep an eye on hsolist, I have seen one for sale there. I have also seen just the ball holders as well. Good luck.