• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha Ending HPDI???

menomax

I had a dealer at the show tell me that Yamaha will be ending the production of there 2 strokes in 2010. I went to the Yamaha booth for some clarification, and they were not very forth coming. Anyone know anything????

The last thing I heard about this was about 2 or 3 years ago when I heard that Yamaha had enough epa credits due to their 4 stroke sales that they could sell 2 strokes through 2010. I don't think that applies to the HPDI though, as it's a direct injection model and is cleaner burning then their standard 2 stroke.

That's why Yamaha has still been offering non-efi/dfi 2 strokes and Mercury has not been able to offer a 2 stroke except the dfi/efi.

marine_man

Originally Posted By: Central Bassman
A few bass pro are running 4 strokes this year on there bass boats.

I see that Yamaha now offers a 300 and 350 hp 4 stroke outboards... that's some serious hp in a 4 stroke marine motor!

marine_man

Originally Posted By: marine_man
 Originally Posted By: Central Bassman
A few bass pro are running 4 strokes this year on there bass boats.

I see that Yamaha now offers a 300 and 350 hp 4 stroke outboards... that's some serious hp in a 4 stroke marine motor!

marine_man

Yaeh, a huge motor too, 5.3 liters and somewhere in the 800lb range. eek.gif