• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Team#3......Tom Terminators

fishnhooks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JN - you must have been on the river all weekend.....I couldn't believe how long it took you to notice that post!

You babysitting DD for his season this year? ;\)grin.gif

I don't have a good feeling about this year - have 2 tags to fill before mine in 5 days crazy.gif Then I was on the ol Miss when the leftover WI tags went on sale - missed out on a zone 20 tag for the last season cry.gif Gots to go online now and see how far I have to drive for a leftover tag, if there are any sick.gif

huntingmaxima hasn't found us yet.

225 is considered east central MN.

If you look on a MN map, it is about the northern half of Isanti county and about the northern half of Chisago county. Extreme Sounthern Kanabec County and southern tiny little bit of Pine county.

"hooks"

Checking in. Nice ot meet you guy a nd good luck to all. I am heading out on my first hunt on thursday in SD. Will be back on sunday. Will report in. Then I have a week off,and it starts all over again at home 218. Will keep you guys posted.

Great! Where all here! Good Luck on your hunt Huntingmaxima. Can't wait to hear how it went for you. Sounds like you have a pretty ruff few weeks, I am sure glad that I do not have to go through that ;\)grin.gif

"hooks"

440 is south central MN. New Ulm area.(mostly riverbottom land by Fairfax) Private land and only 1 other hunter using the land for the opening week, so they have 4 weeks with hopefully? no pressure.

Hooks, those are nice prizes.

Huntingmaxima, glad you found us. Good luck in So. Dak. Where are you going? I spend a week in the black hills every fall.

Sabo, happy to have you with us too. Sounds like you got a good spot.

Cooter. You taking some rookies out who will get the first shots? Won't hold that against you. I did that last year, took a first timer. Five minutes into his first day-a 25 pounder! I shamed him into taking it to a taxidermist. 25 years of turkey hunting and I have never shot one that big.

Good luck to all, stay in touch.

Originally Posted By: DonBo
Joel, nothing personal taken. But that Wisconsin thing? I believe it does make the kills go up. It's worked wonders for me. grin.gif

I meant more the after-hunt cheeser bar stories makes your kill #'s go up grin.gif. Once had a guy at the Woodshed (Bloodshed) in Hager City tell me about a 6 foot turkey he shot. I think Cooter's heard all my stupid WI stories by now.

I've hunted WI a handful of times. Mostly up and down the river across from Red Wing near Plum City. Two tags, as well as another opportunity vs. MN definitely makes the kills go up! Agreed.

DD and I are hunting MN together, maybe WI? I'll be with a bow in MN and the WI season we drew overlaps. Decisions, decisions. Both if at all possible!

Was down at the river a few times. Mike and I had been doing pretty well. Check out the pics in the "Big Eye's of 2008 post".

Joel

Originally Posted By: jnelson
Was down at the river a few times. Mike and I had been doing pretty well.Joel

Joel, I checked out those photos, WOW! Nice. Wish I had more time for all that outdoor fun stuff this time of year... \:\(

Ahhh, so he's one of THOSE guys who'll do anything to get his picture in the paper? (or on the web?)

I'm starting to get a clearer picture of jnelson now...

Guys, before you go off on your hunts, check out the rules again. You will need a camera, tape measure, scale, witness, etc.

HSO Forum Member

Turkey Contest 2008

Complete this form with your turkey’s measurements. Include photos of your turkey’s spurs and beard with a ruler or tape measure. Include in one of the photos your turkeys filled out tag or slip of paper with the date of the harvest. The turkey’s weight must be witnessed and signed by you and the witness below on this form.

Forum Member:____________________ Date:_____________

Team Name: _________________________________

Youth Hunter(17 or younger):Yes _______ No ________

Turkey Subspecies: _____________________

State/Province Bird was Harvested In: ____________________

Turkey’s Stats

Beard Length ____________inches

Spur Length ® _________inches (L)_________inches

Weight ___________ pounds

The certify that the measurements listed above are accurate to the best of my ability.

Forum Member: ________________________ Date:_________

Witness: _____________________________ Date:_________

That's the best part; I'll concede that 'rak is a better walleye guy than myself, but that night I dinged the biggest. Of course he goes out two nights later and gets a bigger one.....but I won that night!!!

Taking pictures with other people's game should be against some man-rule. Man-foul or something. grin.gif

Joel

We have a first time turkey hunter in our group so he pulls trigger first - although I'm not sure if he'll get out of school for Thurs or Fri. Thus I'll likely have Wed morning to myself. Plus, his dad(the third in our group) is capable so those two can hunt together and I can go alone....though I want to help and be there when he gets his first bird. Have to git er done Wed!

Just got back from SD. Never fire a shot. I passed on guite a few jakes, but my brothers were on the lucky ranch this year. We came back w/our birds but I struck out. The birds are still in big flocks, needs to warm up to get those hens going.

huntingmax, it's tough hunting out west when the birds are all flocked up. Still nice to get out in the woods though huh?

Better luck next week.