• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few questions for FishHawk owners...

lookin4fish

I just purchased an 07 fishhawk 1750 and have a few quesions.

what size anchor is appropriate for this boat. is 40 lbs overkill or could i get buy with a 25. many times i am ancoring in sand if that helps. what do you use?

I bought a crestliner cover for the boat but am wondering how you have the back of the cover attached to the boat. there are no snaps or anything, so i bet i will have to put something on, but i am wonder what you use? pictures are great also

does anyone have an idea where i can get poles for proping the cover up? i dont have any and was wondering in there was a good substitute.

thanks for any info you can provide. I have only had the boat out 2 days and so far I love it! i cant wait till i dont have to wear icefishing gear in the boat!

They sell an adjustable post thing with a rounded top at Fleetfarm that is made to prop up a boat cover. Not too spendy, I think they are about 10 bucks each.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions, but a 40 pound anchor sounds pretty hefty!

The anchor issue is really hard to answer. I have a sportfish (almost the same) It all depends on where and when you are fishing. What may work on Millacs would be overkill on smaller ponds. What may work on the river may not work on Millacs. What works on a windy day could be a struggle on a calm day.

And yes, I agree with the adjustable poles from F/F. You can spend alot more at other stores, or save money to replace those lures you lose on the lake.

As far as the cover, I don't travel with it on so I just rig it up with some clothes line for tha winter. Local marine stores will have a kit for securing the cover if you want to go that route. I know it isn't much but I hope this helps at least a little.

thanks for the info on f/f. i know the anchor is a tough question, i guess i will have to just go with my gut. the cover i bought was one from a 2005 fish hawk. the cut outs for the cleats and gass tank are different but i will be able to modify that. i have not looked if there is snaps under the lip but if there is that would be easy becasue i could just put some snaps on the cover. thanks for the suggestions, and if there is any more, i am all ears!

Have a dealer custom make them to the cover on the boat. That way everything fits right, and if something goes wrong, they have to cover you. You should also get poles if you dont have them, to save the cover

A couple pics for you. This is where the snaps are on my 07 Fishhawk. There are some more down in the splashpan, but you can't see them in the picture.

2006_1031Image0003.jpg

2006_1031Image0004.jpg

I use a digger anchor, not sure what it weighs, its less than 20 pounds. It works ok just make sure you have enough rope out.

I don't use the poles that came with my cover, the front and back seats prop it up enough. The dealer should be able to get you some poles though.

Originally Posted By: lookin4fish
the cover i bought was one from a 2005 fish hawk.

Are you sure that cover will fit? Does it have snaps all the way down the side? In 07 they went with the plastic tabs that slip into a groove along the side. It only has snaps in the front and back.

thanks shamalex72 for the pics! that is exactly what i had in mind but i need to see with mine own eyes. this should be an easy fix. the cover i bought does have the plastic lips for hooking it on, so it is the same concept as the 07 cover.

shamalex72, do you trailer your cover without the poles, just using the seat as a support?

thanks guys,

another question...does anyone have the net that comes from the factory from crestliner? wondering if it is any quality or worth getting one from them. i would like something that folds up and would fit into a storage area, but i bont want a piece of junk. i have looked at the rapala brand ones and they are too cheap for what i like.

also, have any of you looked into the cost of additional seats? i would like 2 more but am almost afraid to ask how much they are.

Originally Posted By: lookin4fish
another question...does anyone have the net that comes from the factory from crestliner? wondering if it is any quality or worth getting one from them. i would like something that folds up and would fit into a storage area, but i bont want a piece of junk. i have looked at the rapala brand ones and they are too cheap for what i like.

also, have any of you looked into the cost of additional seats? i would like 2 more but am almost afraid to ask how much they are.

i just wanted to bump this up incase anyone has any more input on these last couple of questions. thanks